Spent Grain Applesauce Muffins
Prep Time: 15 min Cook time: 12 min Total Time: 30 min
1/2 c OURgrain Spent Grain Flour
1/2 c AP Flour
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/8 tsp Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tbsp. Apple Pie Spice
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Large Eggs
1/2 c Vegetable Oil or Unsalted Butter
1/2 c Unsweetened Applesauce
1/2 c Light Brown Sugar, packed
Ingredients for Apple Pie Spice:
4 tbsp. Ground Cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Ground Allspice
1 tsp Ground Ginger
1 1/2 tsp Ground Cardamom
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. in a small mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and apple pie spice. Set aside.
3. In a small mixing bowl, beat the eggs with vanilla. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the applesauce and brown sugar and mix until well combined. Alternating with dry mix, wet mix, and then dry mix. Fold in half of the flour mixture, then the eggs and vanilla, then follow with the rest of the flour mixture. Do not overmix.
5. Place batter into lined muffin tins and bake in the middle rack of the oven until the muffins are golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean, about 12 min.
Make 24 small muffins to feed a crowd!